Originally from South Wales, John is married with teenage children of his own and although they attend a state secondary school, he has a deep understanding of the vital importance and contribution that parental support, supplementary tuition and access to resources can provide to an all round broad education. His view is clear, “Even those children who attend school spend only about 16% of their lives there, it is what we, as parents, do with them for the other 84% of their time that will really determine their future and their exam outcomes. The education that is provided from the home is the absolute key to a child’s success”

 

In his personal life, John is still passionate about Welsh rugby generally, and the Llanelli Scarlets specifically, though his own playing days are long past. He enjoys choral singing, is a keen skier, and relaxes by reading, cooking and going to pub quizzes.

 

Mr John Edwards' speech at Periplus Home Education launch

John Edwards is an education professional with nearly 30 years experience of teaching in schools in the UK, 12 of these in senior leadership, the last 5 years of which were as a Head Teacher of an 11-18 mixed secondary school in the South East of England. Holding a BSc in Zoology and his teaching qualification from Cardiff University, John also has a Post Graduate Diploma in Educational Administration and holds the National Professional Qualification for Head Teachers.